The Nursery is registered with OFSTED to provide care for up to 48 children across the age ranges. The main facilities are bright colourful areas divided into two sparate units to enable the children in each age range to move freely and safely within their own environment. As within all the units, the toys, equipment and fittings are all age appropriate.
THE EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE CURRICULUM
The stimulating and varied Nursery Day provides many opportunities for your child's well-being and development structured around the new Early Years Foundation Stage. The EYFS is a stage of development from birth to five years. These years show the greatest growth and learning for all children. The EYFS is based on four important themes which are:
- A Unique Child - Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Positive Relationships - Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.
- Enabling Environments - The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children's development and learning.
- Learning and Development - Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development.
- Language, Literacy & Communication.
- Problem Solving & Numeracy.
- Physical Development.
- Knowledge Understanding of the World.
- Creative Development.
A variety of activities including cooking, drama, music, dance, simple science experiments, model making, art and craft.
Ofsted Report January 2010 - 'The provision was found to be good and oustanding'
(Copies of our excellent OFSTED inspection report are available in the nursery or online at www.ofsted.gov.uk).